Saturday, January 10, 2009

STANDARD AMERICAN DIET (SAD)

I am very blessed to have close friends who are into healthy eating. This may sound boring to some, but as we have faced childhood cancer with Kevin it has helped me feel prepared for this next part, keeping Kevin cancer free and get him growing in a healthy manner. I am so appreciative for all that they have shared with me. And for my husband who keeps me on track when I fall off and give the kids too many sweets.

I am looking into getting Kevin a nutritionist that specializes in working with cancer patients and kids who have finished treatment. Kevin does tend to eat the standard American diet otherwise known as SAD. All the information I am finding about it correlates SAD to increase the risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, intestinal disorders. Here is the information I found today:

Ask Dr. Sears views on SAD.

http://www.nutritional-solutions.net/PDF/NJBTpresentation2005.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_pattern_diet

No comments: