Friday, July 11, 2008

Still going good

Kevin ate part of a hot dogs yesterday, a little bit of pineapple, a ton of watermelon, 2 helpings of pasta I made for dinner (it was homemade so it had lots of good stuff for him in it) and ice cream. It is the first time in a long time he has eaten that good. I am typically happy to get just a couple of bits of something down him a day. So this was great!

I am really enjoying spending time with my sister in law Beth as we don't typically get much time together living so far away. She has been a big help and I will be sad to see her go home on Saturday but I am sure she misses her family back home! She has been the best at bath time with Jake and Scotty while I do Kevin's TPN every night and helping me get all the kids ready in the morning to go to the hospital each day.

Eric arrived safely last night and Kevin fell asleep on the couch waiting for him to come in. Today Kevin just has art camp, no doctor's visits which is a first on a weekday for us! I am taking advantage of having Beth and Eric here and going to get a hair cut today for the first time in months.

A friend of mine has a brother in-law that is going to have brain surgery today to remove a cancerous brain tumor. Could you all please lift Tim and his wife Sara (my friend Amanda's sister) up in prayer today?

Thank you!
Rachel

No comments: